Yield: 20 servings
|1 pack||Uncooked lasagna noodles|
|\N \N||Water to cook noodles|
|1 teaspoon||Salt for water|
|4 cups||Shredded mozzarella cheese low cal, low fat|
|3 \N||Jars pasta sauce of your choice (or 8 cups)|
|2 pounds||Low-fat ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Low-fat parmesan cheese|
|3 tablespoons||Parsley flakes|
|1 tablespoon||Italian seasoning|
|2 pounds||Turkey italian sausage|
|\N \N||Pepper to taste|
|4 \N||Eggs (or egg substitute to equal 4 eggs)|
|\N \N||Parmesan cheese to taste|
FROM LINDA FIELDS
CYBEREALM BBS 315-786-1120
1. Heat sufficient water in a large sauce pan to cook the lasagna noodles. Add the salt to the water to speed cooking. Add the uncooked noodles to the boiling water, and boil about 10 minutes or until flexi- ble but not fully cooked. Drain on aluminum foil or waxed paper and cool completely.
2. In a large saute pan, saute turkey italian sausage until completely cooked. Crumble. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese and mix in eggs whisking one at a time to blend well. Add parmesan cheese, mozarella cheese, parsley, sugar, honey, salt, italian seasoning, pepper, and mix well.
4. In a very large (roasting pan size) baking pan, add ½ cup of the sauce to the bottom. Line the bottom with lasagna noodles; add ½ of the cheese mixture, and then add ½ of the sausage on top of the cheese. Add 1 to 1½ cups of sauce over this layer, top with noodles and repeat process. When the final layer of noodles is added, top with sauce and additional mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese, if desired.
5. Heat oven to 400F. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly (and the pan is sufficiently dripping to make a mess ;). Serve in 4 x 3 squares.
From the warped and strange mind of Linda Fields Typed for you by: Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-785-8098