Yield: 4 Servings
|2 smalls||Leeks, sliced|
|6 \N||Bacon slices, chopped|
|½ cup||Grated cheddar cheese (2 oz.)|
|⅔ cup||Plain yogurt|
|⅔ cup||Half and half|
|2 \N||Eggs, beaten|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
|1 \N||Tomato, sliced|
1. In a skillet, melt butter. Add leeks and bacon. Cook gently until leeks are tender.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook vermicelli until just tender to the bite.
4. Drain pasta, return to pan.
5. Stir in cheese.
6. Press vermicelli onto bottom and sides of a well greased 9-inch flan pan.
7. Spread bacon and sliced leeks over pasta base.
8. In a medium-sixe bowl, beat together yogurt, half and half, eggs, salt and pepper.
9. Pour over bacon and leeks.
10. Arrange tomato slices on top.
11. Bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
12. Remove flan ring and serve warm or cold.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter 12 Jan 97 From: Gourmet Connection <capco@...> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 12:02:14 +0500