Yield: 4 -6
|3 pounds||Catfish fillets|
|\N \N||Cornstarch paste (cornstarch & water)|
|4 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|2 cups||Mild vinegar|
|1 large||Onion, minced|
|3 tablespoons||Ginger, minced|
1. Dredge the fish well with the cornstarch paste.
2. Heat a large pan (for frying). Add 3 cups oil and heat until hot enough for frying.
3. Prepare sweet and sour sauce by mixing 3 tbsp oil, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and vinegar. Add onions and ginger and simmer in a saucepan for a few minutes until it thickens up a bit.
4. Carefully lower the fish into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden brown.
5. Arrange cooked fish on a platter and pour the sweet and sour sauce over it. Serve hot. Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter 09 Mar 97 by Gourmet Connection <capco@...> on Mar 09, 1997