Yield: 6 servings
|1 \N||500 gram pac chilled puff pastry; (1lb)|
|4 tablespoons||Strawberry jam|
|250 grams||Strawberries; sliced (8oz)|
|1 \N||284 millilit double cream; whipped (10floz)|
|2 tablespoons||Icing sugar; sifted|
1. Preheat the oven to 220 C, 425 F, Gas Mark 7.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle 37cm x 23 cm (15 inches x 9 inches). Cut the rectangle into 3 strips, 23 cm x 12 cm (9 inches x 5 inches).
3. Place on a baking tray in the preheated oven on the middle oven shelf for 10-15 minutes or until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Place one pastry strip on a serving plate and spread with half the jam.
Arrange half the strawberries on top then spread with half the cream. Place a second pastry strip on top and spread with remaining jam, strawberries and cream.
5. Place the last strip of pastry on top and sift with icing sugar.
6. Taking great care and using oven gloves, heat 4 smooth metal skewers over a gas flame or electric hob until very hot. Using one skewer, press diagonally on top of the icing sugar to form a line, repeat several times using the remaining skewers to form a criss-cross pattern. Served chilled, cut into slices.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A delicious dessert for a special summer occasion.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.