Yield: 4 Servings
|4 \N||Dried black mushrooms|
|½ pounds||Lean pork|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|2 \N||Scallions (up to)|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and peastarch noodles (vermicelli).
2. Slred pork or cut in strips. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry; then add to pork and toss to coat.
3. Shred celery, ginger root and soaked mushrooms. Cut scallions in 2-inch sections; cut vermicelli in 2-inch lengths.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then ginger root, and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness.
5. Add mushrooms and celery. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Stir in and leat stock quickly; then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
7. Stir in vermicelli to leat through and blend flavors (about 2 minutes). Then stir in scallions and serve.
VARIATIONS: For the pork, substitute crabmeat; stir-fry in step 4 only to heat through.
In step 5, add 1 cup Chinese cabbage stems, shredded.
After step 5, add the vermicelli and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add the stock and simmer, covered, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the scallions and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .