Yield: 6 Servings
|4||Dried black mushrooms|
|1 tablespoon||Dried shrimp|
|½ cup||Cooked chicken|
|2 tablespoons||Smoked ham|
|1 cup||Bamboo shoots|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and dried shrimp.
2. Dice cooked chicken, smoked ham, bamboo shoots, soaked mushrooms and shrimp.
3. Shell, blanch and coarsely chop walnuts and almonds. Halve the peanuts.
4. Peel eggplant and cut in ½-inch cubes. Then dredge lightly in cornstarch.
5. Heat oil and deep-fry eggplant cubes until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry, salt and sugar in a cup.
7. Heat remaining oil. Add all diced ingredients. Stir-fry to heat through (about 2 minutes).
8. Return eggplant cubes. Add soy-sherry mixture and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Garnish with nutmeats and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .