Yield: 4 Servings
|12 \N||Lily buds|
|1 \N||(2-lb) fish|
|1 \N||Scallion stalk|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons||Cornstarch (up to)|
1. Soak lily buds.
2. Bone fish and cut against the grain in ½-inch slices. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Add to fish and toss gently to coat.
3. Mince scallion. Cut soaked lily buds in two. Combine stock, soy sauce, sherry and remaining cornstarch.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then minced scallion, and stir-fry a few times. Add fish and stir-fry gently until nearly done (about 4 minutes).
5. Add lily buds and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Transfer fish and lily buds to a warm serving platter, leaving liquids in pan.
6. Stir in stock-cornstarch mixture to thicken. Pour sauce over fish and lily buds. Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .