Yield: 4 Servings
|12||Medallions of veal; pounded (about 12 = one pound)|
|4 slices||Prosciutto; finely chopped|
|8 mediums||Size french mushrooms; thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||Dried mushrooms; soaked in water; drained and sliced|
|4 tablespoons||Marsala wine|
|1||Black truffle; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped parsley|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 quart||College Inn beef stock|
|6 tablespoons||Tomato puree|
|Salt and pepper|
1. Sear medallions in 1 tbs. butter for one minute on each side. Set aside.
2. Melt remaining butter in pan. Add prosciutto and both kinds of mushrooms. Saute 7 minutes. Add veal and Marsala and saute 5 minutes, turning once. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add Brown Sauce, truffle, and extra butter if needed to thicken sauce. Bring to a simmer.
3. To serve, remove veal to serving dish, pour on sauce, and garnish with parsley. Directions for Brown Sauce: 1. Melt butter in pan and stir in flour. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly until brown.
2. In another pan, warm broth and half the browned butter, still whisking.
Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato puree. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to boil and reduce to simmer, skimming occasionally. Cook for 2-½ to 3 hours, or until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Strain through a fine sieve. LELLO
EAST 54TH STREET, MANHATTAN
CARMIGNANO TENUTA DI CAPEZZANO
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .