Yield: 8 servings
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
|4 cups||Bread stuffing|
1. If turkey is frozen, it may be defrosted by placing it in the refrigerator
overnight or until thawed.
2. Wash turkey and sprinkle inside cavity with salt and pepper.
3. Stuff turkey loosely. Tie legs together. Tie wings and legs to body. 4. Invert a heat-resistant, non-metallic saucer or small casserole cover in a
shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish.
5. Place turkey breast-side-down on saucer.
6. Heat, uncovered, for half of cooking time, 3 minutes per pound. (A total of 36 minutes.)
7. Turn turkey breast-side-up and continue cooking covered with a paper towel
for the remaining half of the cooking time, 3 additional minutes per pound. 8. Insert a meat thermometer into fleshy portion of the turkey, not touching
any bones. It should register 160øF. DO NOT PLACE THERMOMETER IN MICROWAVE OVEN.
9. If temperature is not 160øF, return turkey to Microwave Oven for an additional few minutes until correct temperature is reached.
10. Let turkey stand covered with aluminum foil at room tempe- rature 20 to 30 minutes to finish cooking. The internal tempe- rature of the turkey should
be 170ø F. after standing.