Yield: 16 servings
|2 cups||Sifted all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup||Butter or margarine|
|\N \N||Salad oil or shortening|
1. Sift flour with salt into large bowl. Add butter, mixing well with fork.
2. Stir in about 6 tablespoons water, mixing to make a soft, pliable dough.
3. On lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 to 7 minutes, or until it is
shiny and satiny. (Or put dough through medium blade or food chopper
about 10 times, or until it is shiny and satiny.) 4. Roll out dough about ⅛-inch thick. Cut into 3-inch rounds.
5. Meanwhile, in deep skillet or deep-fat fryer, slowly heat salad oil (or at least 2 inches) to 360*F on deep-frying thermometer.
6. Deep-fry dough rounds, a few at a time, 30 minutes, or until they puff
and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Submitted By MICHELLE BRUCE On 12-03-94