Yield: 4 Servings
|¼ \N||-(up to)|
|½ pounds||Lean pork|
|½ cup||Yellow bean paste|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon||Hoisin sauce|
1. Mince or grind pork; then blend in sherry. Mince scallions.
2. Blend together bean paste, soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
3. Heat oil. Add minced pork; stir-fry 1 minute. Add minced scallions and stir-fry 1 minute more.
4. Stir in bean paste mixture. Add water and heat quickly. Then cook, stirring, 2 minutes over low heat.
5. Serve with cooked wheat-flour noodles either mixed together (use about ¼ cup meat sauce for every 1-½ cups cooked noodles); or serve the noodles in one dish, the sauce in another so that the diner can mix his own.
NOTE: This dish is always served accompanied by dishes containing such vegetables as shredded radishes and cucumbers, blanched beansprouts and spinach strips, as well as 4 or 5 minced garlic cloves. The diner tops his noodles and sauce at intervals with a bit of garlic and 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetables.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .