Yield: 6 servings
|1||Red; 1 green and 1|
|; yellow pepper,|
|; cored and quartered|
|175 grams||Plain flour; (6oz)|
|125 grams||Butter; melted (4oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Cold water|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1||Onion; finely chopped|
|8||Pitted black olives; chopped|
|4 tablespoons||Freshly chopped basil|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
1. Place the peppers skin-side up on a lightly greased baking tray, in the top of a preheated oven, 220øC, 425 øF, Gas Mark 7 for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile mix together the flour, butter and water to make a soft dough.
Press the dough into the base and up the sides of a 20 cm (8 inch) loose - based fluted flan tin.
3. Prick the base and bake blind in the lower part of the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Leave the peppers to stand for 5 minutes then plunge into cold water.
Peel off the skins, leaving the quarters intact.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
Stir in the olives, basil and seasoning, then spoon into the pastry case, smoothing the top.
6. Arrange the pepper quarters on top, alternating the colours. Serve cold or alternatively return to the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A delicious colourful pepper tart, ideal for picnics or as a light supper with a mixed salad and hot buttered new potatoes.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.