Yield: 18 servings
|2 packs||Active dry yeast|
|½ cup||Butter or margarine|
|Butter or margarine,melted|
1. Soften yeast in water.
2. Heat milk until almost simmering; stir in ½ c butter until melted. 3. Measure sugar into mixing bowl; stir in milk mixture and cool to lukewarm.
4. Stir in 1 cup flour and beat until smooth. 5. Beat in yeast; cover and let rise in warm place until bubbly, about 1 hour.
6. Stir down; beat in eggs.
7. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. 8. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and satiny, 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Shape into ball; place in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease on all sides.
10. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled, about 1½ hours.
11. Punch down; let rest 10 minutes. 12. Divide dough into 18 equal portions; remove about ⅕ of dough from each portion and shape all 36 portions into smooth balls. 13. Place large balls in greased medium muffin cups. 14. Firmly make an indentation in center of larger balls with thumb; place smaller balls in indentation.
15. Let rise in warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes. 16. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 17. Remove immediately from pans; brush tops with butter or margarine and serve warm.