Yield: 4 Servings
|2 ounces||Olive oil|
|4 ounces||Clarified butter|
|1 \N||Clove garlic; minced|
|½ cup||Walnut halves|
|⅓ cup||White raisins|
|9 ounces||Grated Romano cheese|
|⅓ cup||Italian-seasoned bread crumbs|
|\N \N||Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
1. Place pasta in boiling salt water with 1 TSP. oil.
2. Bring back to boil. Cook al dente, 8-10 minutes -- test after 8 minutes, continue cooking if too bitey. When done, strain in colander & rinse under hot water.
3. When pasta has been cooking about 4 minutes, start sauce: pour oil & butter into saute pan over medium or low heat.
4. When small bubbles appear, add garlic, oregano, basil, salt, walnuts & raisins. Stir with long-handled spoon until well-blended & hot.
5. Remove from heat while straining linguine.
6. When pasta is well-drained, return sauce to low heat & add drained pasta.
7. Toss with fork & TBS. until sauce covers pasta.
8. Add ½ cheese & ½ bread crumbs & toss. Add remaining cheese & bread.
9. Dish into 6-8 inch plates. Top with additional grated cheese & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
BEULAH RD, PITTSBURGH WINE:
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .