Yield: 10 Servings
|½ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|½ cup||Water chestnuts|
|½ cup||Onion (up to)|
|2 teaspoons||Soy sauce|
|6||Eggs (up to)|
1. Dice bamboo shoots, celery and water chestnuts. Mince onion.
2. Heat oil. Add vegetables and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, soy sauce and pepper; stir-fry 1 minute more.
3. Remove vegetables from pan; drain, and let cool. Then sprinkle with flour.
4. Mince or shred ham. Beat eggs. First fold stir-fried vegetables, then ham, into eggs.
5. Reheat remaining oil. Spoon egg mixture into pan, 2 tablespoons at a time, and cook as in "Basic Pan Fried Egg Foo Yung".
6. Repeat process until egg mixture is used up, adding more oil as needed.
NOTE: This is sometimes called Mandarin-style Ham and Eggs.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .