Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Ancho chiles; seeded|
|2½ cup||Chicken stock|
|1||Clove garlic; coarsely chopped|
|⅛ teaspoon||Cumin seeds|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|4 ounces||Fideo / angel hair pasta|
|Queso Anejo; avocado, quartered limes|
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:31:21 -0500 From: "Mario A. Subia" <mas@...> Saw this recipe in Food and Wine by Dianna Kennedy... If you dont have access to El Pato you can learn to appreciate this dish by giving this a try.
1. Cover chiles with water and simmer for five minutes, let soak until soft.
2. Pour ¼ cup of the chicken stock into the blender, add the cloves, garlic, and cumin seeds and blend until smooth. season with salt. Add one more cup of the stock and the drained chiles blending till smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the pasta and fry tossing until it reaches a golden brown color.
4. Add blended ingredients to pasta and fry a few minutes(3) longer scraping pan to prevent sticking. 5.Reduce heat to low and cook till pasta is al dente. 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Place in bowls and serve with avocado, cheese, and sprinkled lime juice.
CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V2 #265
From the Chile-Heads recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .