Yield: 4 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Soy sauce|
1. Heat stock; then stir in salt and soy sauce.
2. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken.
3. Spoon sauce over each omelet; or serve hot in a side dish as a dip.
1. In step 1, add to the stock ¼ teaspoon sugar, a dash of pepper, and either 1 tablespoon peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil. Or add 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (omit the salt). Or add 1 tablespoon catsup and/or 2 teaspoons sherry (increase the soy sauce to 1 tablespoon).
2. Omit the soy sauce in step 1, and add it instead in step 2, increasing it to 1 tablespoon and blending it with the cornstarch. Also blend in 1 teaspoon molasses or dark corn syrup. Omit the water.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .