Yield: 4 Servings
|1½ pounds||Butternut squash; cooked|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic; minced|
|1 \N||Onion; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Curry powder|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|⅛ teaspoon||Cayenne; optional|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|3 cups||Chicken broth|
1. In a large saucepan saute onions and garlic in sherry for about 2 minutes.
2. Add curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook another 3-5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add in cooked squash in pieces, and stir to coat.
4. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool about 15 minutes.
6. Pour soup into blender, food processor or large bowl and use a hand blender. Puree until smooth (will be thick).
7. Return to heat and slowly reheat.
Posted to fatfree digest by Kathleen <schuller@...> on Dec 03, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.