Yield: 1 Servings
|8 ounces||Kasseri cheese; *see note|
|3 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh oregano; chopped|
1. Cut the Kasseri into ½ inch thick rectangular slices.
2. Rinse cheese slices under cold water (do not pat dry) 3. Coat each piece with flour.
4. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet until almost smoking.
5. Add cheese slices and cook until it begins to brown, about 1 minute per side.
6. Transfer to plates, squeeze with lemon juice over top and sprinkle with fresh oregano and pepper to taste.
Notes: Kasseri or Kefalotyri, classic Greek sheep's milk cheeses are hard and very salty. Serve this appetizer with tomato wedges, warm pita bread and kalamata olives.
Recipe by: Bon Appetit - February 1997 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 351 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Dec 09, 1997