Yield: 1 Servings
|⅔ litre||Chicken broth; (I suppose you can use a non|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
1. Peel and thinly slice 2 (only two) cucumbers.
2. Melt butter. Add sliced cucumbers, leek and bay leaves, and cook slowly until tender but not brown. Discard bay leaves.
3. Add flour and mix well.
4. Add chicken broth and salt and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Puree through a sieve or in blender container and chill soup in refrigerator several hours.
6. Peel, halve and remove seeds from the third cucumber, then grate. Add to soup with Half-and-half, lemon juice and chopped dill to taste.
7. Serve in cold soup cups and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe by: Milt Epstein epstein@...
Posted to recipelu-digest by "Christopher E. Eaves" <cea260@...> on Mar 12, 1998