Yield: 4 Servings
|4 \N||Fresh Poblano peppers|
|⅓ pounds||Monterey Jack cheese|
|\N \N||Oil for deep-frying|
|4 tablespoons||Sour cream; rounded|
|4 \N||Black olives -or-|
|1 \N||Green onion; chopped|
|1¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||Oil (up to)|
1. Lightly toast peppers under broiler until skins brown & begin to wrinkle. Remove from broiler. Carefully skin & slit each pepper lengthwise;remove seeds,set aside.
2. Slice cheese into 4 finger-size lengths to fit snugly inside peppers.
Stuff each pepper w/a finger of cheese,reclose,& secure w/ toothpicks.
3. In deep-fryer or heavy skillet,heat 1-2 in. oil to 325F. Carefully roll each pepper in Beer Batter,shake off excess batter,slip pepper into hot oil. Cook until batter is crisp & golden.
4. Serve at once,garnished w/ sour cream & 1 olive or onion. Note: Poblano is a mildly hot,large green pepper. BEER BATTER: 1. Separate eggs, lightly beat yolks.
2. In mixing bowl, mix flour,salt,oil,& egg yolks. Slowly pour in beer, stirring constantly. Set aside. 3. Whip egg whites w/ sugar until soft peaks. Fold into beer mixture.
KETCHUM; SUN VALLEY
WINE:ROBERT MONDAVI FUME BLANC
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .