Yield: 8 servings
|1 \N||Doz corn tortillas, several days old|
|1 cup||Onions, chopped|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic, pressed or 1/4 tsp garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons||Chili powder|
|1 teaspoon||Cumin powder|
|1½ cup||Lowfat cottage cheese|
|1½ cup||Crushed tomatoes|
|6 ounces||Grated jack or Cheddar cheese|
|\N \N||Salt to taste|
1. Cut tortillas into wedges or tear into strips.
2. Saute onions in oil for 5 min. (A non-stick or cast iron skillet that's ovenproof is ideal for this.) 3. Add tortilla pieces, chili powder, garlic, cumin and salt.
4. Toss until the tortilla pieces are wilted.
5. Puree cottage cheese and tomatoes in blender until smooth.
6. Stir gently into tortilla pieces.
7. Sprinkle with grated cheese. 8. Bake at 350 for about 20 min.
Serves 8 preschool or 6 school-age children