Yield: 1 Servings
|6 \N||Shallots; chopped|
|3 \N||Carrots; sliced|
|3 \N||Very large leeks ( white part only), sliced|
|2 mediums||Potatoes; diced|
|1 \N||Celery rib; diced|
|2 cups||Fresh cream|
|1 tablespoon||Orange rind; grated|
|3 tablespoons||Orange juice|
|1 tablespoon||Grated ginger root|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|6 cups||Chicken stock|
1.Melt the butter in a stockpot.
2. Add leeks and cook until soft.
3. Add shallots and celery and cook 1 minute 4. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes 5. Add potatoes and cook 3 minutes 6. Pour in broth, salt and pepper and simmer 30 to 40 minutes partially covered until vegetables are tender.
7. Put everything in a blender ( do it in 2 parts) and run the machine until soup becomes smooth
8. Let cool and chill at least 6 hours.
9. Stir in cream, rind, orange juice and ginger 10 serve decorated with a slice of orange peel.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #879 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Nov 02, 1997