Yield: 1 servings
|Cast iron cookware|
|Vegetable oil, preferably peanut oil|
1. Wash in warm, sudsy water. Scrub with scouring pad. Dry thoroughly.
2. Coat the entire product with vegetable oil. Place in 300 deg F oven for one hour, or heat over medium heat until quite hot.
3. Remove and wipe off excess oil with paper towel.
4. Before each use: Pre-heat for 90 seconds over medium heat.
5. Cleaning and storing: Rinse in hot water after each use. Avoid the dishwasher. Harsh detergents will remove the seasoning. Dry thoroughly. Store in warm, dry place. Don't stack.
6. After repeated use, your cast ironware will turn black; providing a durable, non-stick surface. If you have any difficulties, re-seasoning is probably required. Simply repeat the above steps to re-season your cast iron product.
Submitted By NICK LA ROCCA On 12-01-94