Yield: 4 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|250 grams||Unsmoked back bacon; de-rinded and diced|
|2 mediums||Courgettes; sliced|
|1||Red pepper; deseeded and sliced|
|1 bunch||Salad onions; sliced|
|6||Eggs; (size 3)|
|2 tablespoons||Freshly chopped parsley|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the courgettes, pepper and salad onions and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Break the eggs into a jug and beat together with the parsley and seasoning.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the underside is golden.
5. Place the pan under a preheated hot grill for a further 3-4 minutes until the frittata has set and the top is golden.
6. Transfer to a warmed plate and serve immediately with a crisp green salad.
NOTES : A delicious supper dish, based on a traditional omelette. Can be served hot or cold with a mixed leafy salad and crusty bread.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by Alan Hewitt <alan@...> on Oct 12, 1998