Yield: 6 servings
|2||Roasted bell peppers|
|1 cup||Pitted imported olives|
|6 cups||Tender fresh spinach or arugula, washed with tough stems removed|
|1 large||Garlic clove, finely minced|
|Greshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 can||Anchovies, drained (2 oz)|
|⅓ cup||Extra-virgin olive oil|
|8 ounces||Rigatoni or other wide-tube pasta|
|Coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (opt)|
When buying cheese for grating, get the best quality - Parmigiano Reggiano. A wedge will keep for a long time in your refrigerator if it's very well wrapped in plastic. As it may be expensive, consider that you've made a worthwhile investment.
1. Cut roasted peppers lengthwise into ¼" strips.
2. Coarsely chop the olives.
3. Place the spinach or arugula in a large bowl. Sprinkle with minced garlic and season generously with black pepper. Add the pepper strips and chopped olives. Toss everything together well.
4. Cut anchovies in half crosswise and add to spinach mixture. Toss the mixture with olive oil.
5. Before serving, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until AL DENTE. Drain pasta and rinse under warm water to remove excess starch; toss with the spinach mixture. Serve immediately, sprinkled with coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Per serving: 330 calories, 17 grams fat, 7 milligrams cholesterol.