Yield: 1 Servings
|2 pounds||Stew beef; 1" cubes|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon grass; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Ginger; minced|
|2 tablespoons||Fish sauce|
|2 teaspoons||Vietnamese curry powder|
|1 teaspoon||Chili paste|
|½ cup||Onion; chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Garlic; minced|
|½ cup||Tomato paste|
|1 cup||Carrots; large dice|
|1 cup||Potatoes; large dice|
|1 cup||Daikon; large dice|
1. Mix the beef, lemon grass, ginger, fish sauce, sugar, curry powder and chili paste in a bowl. Set aside for one hour.
2. Heat wok. Add peanut oil and beef with marinade, stir fry 2 minutes until beef loses its pink color. Remove to a bowl.
3. Heat wok. Add peanut oil, onion and garlic. Stir fry 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add tomato paste and stir fry 2 minutes.
5. Add beef and marinade, water, cinnamon and star anise.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1-½ to 2 hours, until beef is tender.
7. Add carrots, potatoes and daikon, cook until tender. Remove cinnamon stick and star anise before serving.
Formatted & Busted by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 230 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Nov 09, 1997