Yield: 6 Servings
|4 cups||Clear chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped basil|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped tarragon|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped chives|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped sorrel|
|4 cups||Heavy cream|
|8 \N||Egg yolks; beaten to blend, at room temperature|
|1 \N||Lemon; juice of|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
1. Set medium bowl in a larger bowl of ice.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and chopped herbs. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
3. Place cream in a large non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, watching carefully so cream does not boil over. Remove. Stir stock mixture into cream.
4. Whisk small amount of cream mixture into beaten yolks. Then gradually whisk yolks into larger cream mixture. Place soup over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened, whisking slowly but constantly.
5. Immediately pour soup into bowl set over ice. Stir in lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
LA COTE BASQUE
EAST 55TH STREET, MANHATTAN
TIME INCLUDES CHILLING.
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of French Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .