Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|4 \N||Rashers smoked bacon; diced|
|1 \N||500 gram pac Veal mince; (1lb)|
|1 \N||Clove garlic; crushed|
|125 grams||Button mushrooms; finely diced (4oz)|
|50 grams||Walnuts; chopped (2oz)|
|2 tablespoons||Freshly chopped parsley|
|\N \N||Grated rind of 1 lemon|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons||Plain flour|
|150 millilitres||Chicken stock; (1/4 pint)|
|16 \N||Cannelloni tubes|
|25 grams||Butter; (1oz)|
|25 grams||Plain flour; (1oz)|
|300 millilitres||Milk; (1/2 pint)|
|50 grams||Freshly grated parmesan cheese; (2oz)|
FOR THE SAUCE
1. Preheat the oven to 200øC/400øF/Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, fry the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Stir in the mince and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and fry for 1 minute then stir in the walnuts, parsley lemon rind and season to taste. 4. Stir in the flour and gently cook for 1 minute, gradually add the stock, and stir until blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Fill each cannelloni tube with the veal mixture and place in a greased shallow ovenproof dish.
6. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk until well blended. Bring gently to the boil, stirring continually until the sauce thickens. Stir in half of the parmesan cheese, season to taste.
7. Pour the sauce over the canneloni and sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : This traditonal Italian dish is well suited to Veal as a ''lower fat'' alternative to beef.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.