Yield: 4 servings
|1 small||Onion; chopped|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic; crushed|
|1 \N||450 gram pac frozen turkey mince; thawed|
|50 grams||Mushrooms; chopped (2oz)|
|2 \N||Tomatoes; skinned and chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Freshly chopped mixed herbs|
|\N \N||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|12 \N||Cannelloni tubes; up to 16|
|25 grams||Butter; (1oz)|
|25 grams||Plain flour; (1oz)|
|450 millilitres||Milk; (3/4 pint)|
|125 grams||Cheddar cheese; grated (4oz)|
|15 grams||Parmesan cheese; grated (1/2oz)|
FOR THE SAUCE
1. Preheat the oven to 190øC, 375 øF, Gas Mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the minced turkey and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs and seasoning to taste, stir well and simmer for 15 minutes, covered. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Use the turkey mixture to fill the cannelloni tubes and place them into a shallow ovenproof dish.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat, add the Cheddar cheese and seasoning to taste.
6. Pour the sauce over the filled cannelloni, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Cannelloni makes a great family meal and can be cooked with a variety of wholesome fillings. This recipe uses turkey mince and cheese sauce to make a truly tasty and substantial meal.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.