Yield: 4 servings
|250 grams||Asparagus; (8oz)|
|1||Leek or 3 spring onions|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|100 grams||Shelled peas; thawed if frozen|
|150 millilitres||Water; (1/4 pint)|
|325 grams||Cooked rice; (11oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Plain flour|
|Salt and pepper|
|100 grams||Shelled broad beans; thawed if frozen|
1. Cut the tough bases from the asparagus and chop the stems into small pieces, leaving the tips intact.
2. Cut the courgettes, carrots and leek or spring onions into thin slices.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the courgettes, carrots and leek or spring onions and fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the remaining vegetables and continue to fry for about 5 minutes or until they are softened but not browned.
5. Add the water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6. Add the rice and flour, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
7. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, then serve hot.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Quick and easy spicy risotto.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.