Yield: 24 Servings
|1½ pounds||Mushrooms; (about 24)|
|¼ cup||Onion; finely chopped|
|1 \N||Garlic clove; finely chopped|
|⅓ cup||Sweet red pepper; finely chopped|
|1 \N||Jalapeno peppers; finely chopped|
|½ cup||Cheddar cheese; shredded|
|1 tablespoon||Dried parsley|
1. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, chop, and drain fat from skillet.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Reserve and finely chop ⅔ of stems.
Discard remaining stems.
3. Cook mushroom caps in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain on paper towel.
4. Heat butter and add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Cook five minutes. Add peppers and cook three minutes longer. Cool and then stir in bacon, cheese and parsley.
5. Spoon into caps. Bake on baking sheet at 350º for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Per serving: 21 Calories; 2g Fat (75% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 5mg Cholesterol; 42mg Sodium Recipe by: Good Housekeeping
Posted to EAT-L Digest by #ebburtis <ebburtis@...> on Dec 24, 1997