Yield: 2 servings
|50 grams||Wholemeal flour|
|50 grams||Plain white flour|
|½||Peeled and chopped onion|
|½||Crushed garlic clove|
|½ tablespoon||Ground coriander|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|50 grams||Peeled and diced potato|
|50 grams||Peeled and diced carrots|
|210 grams||Chick peas|
1. Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes and add the garlic, spices, carrot and potato. Cook for ten minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the chick peas and season with the salt and pepper. Leave to cool
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/GM6.
1. Sift the flours and salt into a large bowl. Add the margerine and rub into the flour with your hands until the mixture is like bread- crumbs.
2. Add the cold water and press the mixture together to form a dough.
Turn out onto a floured board and divide into 2 equal pieces.
3. Take out one piece of the dough and knead lightly, pressing it into a
4. Roll it into a circle about 15cm across. Put ½ of the vegetable mixture on top and fold into a pasty type shape and press the edges together.
5. Pierce a couple of holes in the top and bake for 20 minutes or until
This recipe is also nice with filo pastry, or the samosa packets you can buy. If you use filo pastry remember to brush the outside with some melted margerine or butter to prevent sticking.