Yield: 10 Servings
|2½ cup||Herb-seasoned stuffing cubes, crushed|
|1 large||Onion; coarsely chopped|
|1 \N||Clove garlic; minced|
|2 tablespoons||Cooking oil|
|1 small||Eggplant; peeled and cubed|
|1 medium||Green pepper; cubed|
|1 cup||Zucchini; thinly sliced|
|2 \N||Whole tomatoes; seeded and chopped|
|1 cup||Mushrooms; sliced|
|3 cups||Cooked turkey; diced|
|1 teaspoon||Italian seasoning; crushed|
|2 cups||Swiss cheese; shredded|
1. Place the croutons in a greased 12 x 7½ x 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. In skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil. Add eggplant, pepper, and zucchini. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, *EXCEPT* cheese. Cook 1 minute.
5. In same baking dish, layer ½ cup cheese, half of turkey mixture, 1 cup cheese, then remaining turkey.
6. Bake, covered, in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes.
7. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes.
8. Let stand 5 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by Ms. Sloboden to Better Homes and Garden Magazine, issue unknown.
Recipe by: Kayleen L. Sloboden, Puyallup, Wash.
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #925 by KHudson123@... on Nov 26, 1997