Yield: 8 -12 servin
|1 pounds||Prepared posole corn; thoroughly rinsed**|
|1 medium||Onion; chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 pounds||Pork or beef roast***|
|5 cups||Water; approximately|
|3 \N||Dried red chile pods; rinsed and crumbled****, (up to 6)|
|1 teaspoon||Ground comino|
Cooking Time: 6-7 hours* Temperature: High, Medium. Low Freezes Well 1. Place posole and 10 cups water in large stewing pot. Bring mixture to a boil at high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer posole for 5 hours.
3. Approximately 1 hour before the completion of the simmering time, brown the pork in a large, heavy skillet on medium heat.
4. Add the pork to the stewing pot with 5 cups of water and continue to cook on low heat until tender.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to posole and simmer for an additional 1-2 hours. Adjust seasonings to suit taste.
* Posole may be cooked in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
** Posole corn is marketed dry or prepared.
** Varied amounts may be used.
**** If desired, omit chile pods and serve with Red Chile Sauce or Green Chile Sauce.
Posted to FOODWINE Digest by Patrick Gerding <wine@...> on Feb 2, 1998