Yield: 6 Servings
|4 larges||Egg whites|
|8 ounces||Castor sugar|
|¼ teaspoon||Acetic acid OR lemon juice|
Method: 1. Beat the egg whites, salt and lemon juice/acid until the mixture is very stiff and dry.
2. Add the sugar very gradually beating continuously and allow a half a minute between additions.
3. Beat well until the meringue will stand up in stiff shiny peaks.
4. Fold in vinegar.
5. Bake for 75 minutes at 250 degrees.
6. Do not remove from the tray until cool.
7. Decorate the top with strawberry halves.
SOURCE: *Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd, PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5 SHARED BY: Jim Bodle 6/93