Yield: 1 Servings
|4||Soaked forest mushrooms -- ,|
|Soaked and cut int|
|4||Dried stone mushroom -- ,|
|Soaked, cleaned an|
|2||Korean pears -- , cut into|
|5||Garlic bulbs -- , peeled and|
|3 smalls||Ginger roots -- , peeled and|
|3 cups||Red pepper powder -- made|
|Into a paste wi|
|Red pepper threads|
|½ cup||Pickled corvina -- , cut|
|Into narrow st|
|⅓ cup||Pickled baby squid, ""|
|⅓ cup||Pickled baby shrimp,|
|1½ pounds||Beef brisket, boiled in 5|
|quart||Water or bee|
|4 cups||Coarse salt|
|Korean watercress -- , cut|
|In 2" length|
|Green thread onions -- , cut|
|In 2" length|
Trim off the tougher outer leaves of the celery cabbage and save them; cut each cabbage head into 2 to 4 sections lengthwise (see above recipe)
1. soak the cabbage sections and the radishes in a brine prepared with 3 cups of salt and 4 quarts of water for 3 to 4 hours or until softened. Rinse with cold water.
2. halve the radishes, reserving 2 and make slit cuts up to ⅔ of the length from the bottom.
3. cut the pears into thin julienne strips.
4. cut the pickled fish and the fresh squid and octopus into 1½" narrow strips.
5. cut the 2 remainding radishes into thin julieen; mix the radish strips with the red pepper paste. Then, add all the remainding vegtables, mushrooms, and chestnuts along with the octopus, squid, and pickled fish; mix well. Finally, toss the mixture with oysters and pear strips and season with salt. This is the stuffing.
6. Pack the stuffing between the layers of the cabbage leaves; filling the slit-cuts on the radishesi. stack the stuffed cabbage and radishes in a crock; cover with the salted outer leaves (preliminaries). After 2 or 3 days, add a mixture of salt, pickled corvina juice, pickled baby shrimp juice, and beef broth, just enough to cover