Yield: 1 Servings
|1||Lb; puff pastry|
|Leek and spinach filling (below)|
|½ cup||Spinach; cooked and chopped|
|¼ pounds||Mushrooms; sliced and sprinkled with lemon|
|½ cup||Onions; chopped|
|½ cup||Milk (up to 1)|
|1 cup||Heavy cream; ou 1 caixinha. prefe|
|100 grams||Fresh cream|
|2 tablespoons||Flour (up to 3)|
|2 tablespoons||Butter (up to 3)|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
1. Roll out dough to ½" thickness 2. Cut 2 rectangles 30' by 14"
3. Decorate with the trimmings. Chill 1 hour.
4. Brush top with egg yolk, carefully not to fall to the sides or the pastry won't puff.
5. Bake in a pre heated 450 oven for 20 minutes.
6. Turn down heat to 350 and bake another 220 to 25 minutes.
7. Let cool and cut in half. So you'll have lids.
8. Bake 5 minutes in 300 oven to dry.
9. Just before serving spoon filling into cases. Cover with lid FILLING: Cut off dark green parts of leek. Cut it in half and wash very well under cold running water.Slice it as thin as possible,julienne. Melt the butter in a pan, cook chopped onion and add leek and mushrooms.Season with salt and pepper.Cook until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in flour cook a few seconds and stir in milk until it thickens.Add cream. Add spinach and nutmeg and just bring it to a boil. Turn off heat.
Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Nov 04, 1997