Yield: 4 Servings
|3 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|4 mediums||Red bell peppers -- seed,|
|\N \N||Cut in strips|
|1½ cup||Chicken stock|
|⅛ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper -- to taste|
|\N \N||Sour cream|
1. In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add peppers.
2. Cover; cook peppers over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Pour peppers and liquid into a food processor or blender (if you use a blender, you may have to process in 2 batches). Process 2 minutes.
4. Return soup to pan and add chicken stock. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper; heat until hot. 5. Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream on top, or thin sour cream with milk or water and swirl it into soup. Do not stir.
Makes 4 cups.
* Timesaver Tip: Soup can be prepared through step 4 up to 3 days ahead and stored, covered, in refrigerator. To serve, heat and complete step 5.
1. In a 2-quart casserole, microwave butter on 100% power 30 to 45 seconds, to melt. Add pepper strips.
2. Cover and microwave on 100% power until tender, about 5 minutes.
Continue with step 3.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy File