Yield: 4 servings
|½ teaspoon||Thyme leaves|
|1 \N||Garlic clove,minced|
|1 can||Chicken broth(12.5oz)|
|8 ounces||Egg noodles,medium|
1. Season 1 cup flour with thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; coat chicken.
2. Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet.
3. Remove chicken; set aside. Add onions, mushrooms and garlic to skillet; saute 5 minutes.
4. Gradually blend chicken broth with 2 tablespoons flour.
5. Stir broth mixture into skillet with tomatoes, parsley and salt and pepper to taste; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6. Arrange chicken, vegetables and sauce in a covered roasting pan; bake in preheated 375'F. oven 30 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender.
7. Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon salt to rapidly boiling water; gradually add noodles so that water continues to boil.
8. Cook noodles, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender; drain in colander.
9. To serve, arrange half of chicken, vegetables and sauce on noodles.
10. To save the other half:
....a. Cool quickly the remaining half of chicken, vegetables and sauce; freeze in freezer container.
....b. When ready to serve, defrost and place in casserole; heat, covered, in preheated 375'F. oven 45 to 60 minutes, or until bubbling.
....c. Serve over 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked according to directions given above.
Submitted By MICHAEL ORCHEKOWSKI On 10-12-94