Yield: 4 servings
|1 pounds||Chicken parts|
|1 can||8-oz. chunk style pineapple|
|1 tablespoon||Rice vinegar|
|1 teaspoon||Thin soy sauce|
|Dash of salt|
|1 teaspoon||Cornstarch for thickening|
|2 teaspoons||Cold water for thickening|
|2 cups||Oil for deep frying|
|Dash of pepper|
|1||Thin slice ginger, chopped|
1. Skin and bone chicken. Cut intl 1½" cubes.
2. Sprinkle chicken with each of the ingredients listed under "marinade," mix well and marinate for ½ hour.
3. Cut celery into 1 ½" pieces; then, cut each piece lengthwise into strips, juilenne style.
4. Drain pineapple, saving the juice.
5. Prepare batter by beating the egg, adding the water, flour and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
6. Heat oil to 350 degrees in a small saucepan.
7. Dip chicken in batter and drop into the hot oil. Deep-fry for 10 minutes. Remove and drain off excess oil.
8. In wok, combine pineapple juice, water, catsup, vinegar, sugar and dash of salt. Bring to a boil. 9. Add celery, chicken and pineapple. Cook for 1 minute over high heat.
10. Add thickening made by combining cornstarch and cold water. Cook for 1 minute and serve.
SOURCE: Chopsticks, Clever, and Wok.