Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pack||(6 ounces) long grain and wild rice|
|2 tablespoons||Grated orange peel|
|3 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|6||Skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves Freshly ground pepper|
|¼ pounds||Mushrooms, sliced|
|1 pack||(10 ounces) frozen patty shells, thawed and rolled out to six 7-inch rounds|
|1 can||(16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce|
|2 tablespoons||Orange liqueur|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|¼ teaspoon||Dry mustard|
Prep 40 minutes Cook 50 minutes Serves 6 1. Cook rice according to instructions on package for firmer rice. Add orange peel and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 4 minutes a side. Remove with tongs and season with pepper. Add mushrooms to remaining butter and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add cooked rice and mushrooms; mix well.
4. On each pastry circle, place ⅓ cup rice mixture and top with chicken.
Moisten edge with water, press to seal edges together. Place seam side down on a large ungreased baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks lightly with 1 tablespoon water; brush over dough. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
6. For sauce, combine cranberry sauce, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and mustard in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warmed. Serve over chicken.
From: Pat Knox
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by "Rfm" <Robert-Miles@...> on Sep 21, 98