Yield: 8 Servings
|2 mediums||Onions; chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh gingerroot; grated|
|1½ pounds||Carrots; thinly sliced|
|6 cups||Chicken stock; or broth|
1. In a 4 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 15 minutes.
2. Add gingerroot and cook 2 minutes longer.
3. Add carrots and chicken stock to onions; heat to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until carrots are tender; about 20 minutes.
4. In a blender, blend carrot mixture, in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and add salt and pepper.
5. Heat soup over low heat until hot. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
Notes: From Sefiro's Restaurant in Portland, Oregon Recipe by: Country Living - Country Cooking Summer 1996 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Feb 18, 1998