Yield: 8 servings
|⅓ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 \N||Egg, slightly beaten|
|½ cup||Light corn syrup|
|6 ounces||Semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|¼ cup||Half and half or milk|
|¼ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|18½ ounce||Pk yellow cake mix|
|\N \N||Ingredients as called for|
|\N \N||On package label|
1. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, combine sugar, flour, egg and ¼ cup milk together.
2. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and smooth. Stir every 30 seconds.
3. Place in refrigerator to chill.
4. In a 1-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup, com- bine corn syrup, chocolate pieces and butter.
5. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2½ to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir occasionally.
6. Gradually stir in milk and vanilla. Blend well.
7. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 ½ minutes. Chill in refrigerator. 8. While custard and topping are cooling, prepare cake mix according to package directions.
9. Grease two 8-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic cake pans.
Divide batter between each prepared cake pan.
10. Cover each cake pan with clear plastic wrap and heat in Microwave Oven 6
minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.
12. When cake has cooled, place one layer on serving plate.
Spread chilled custard on top.
13. Place other layer on top of custard and spread chilled choco- late sauce over top and let drizzle down sides.
14. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.