Yield: 4 servings
|1 medium||Whole chicken, about 3 lbs|
|1 tablespoon||Vegetable oil|
|1 large||Onion, chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 cup||Chicken broth|
|½ pounds||Mushrooms, 1/4' diced|
|1 teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|1 tablespoon||Parsley, chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Flour mashed with 2 tb butt|
|1 cup||Dry white wine|
1. Truss chicken and season with salt & pepper.
2. In a large flameproof caserole, brown bacon pieces over low heat.
: Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
: Add oil to bacon drippings. Add chicken and cook over medium heat,
: turning, until browned well all over, about 20 minutes.
: from pan.
3. Add onion & garlic to pany drippings and cook until tender, : about three minutes. Stir in white win, chicken broth, mushrooms,
: thyme and parsley. Return chicken & bacon to caserole.
4. Cover & cook over low heat 1 hour, until chicken is tender.
: Remove chiken to heated serving platter & cover lightly with : foil to keep warm.
5. Bring cooking liquid in caserole to a boil. Gradually stir in : flour butter paste. Cook, stiring constaly, until sauce : thickens, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken.
Submitted By CAROLE CRONAN On 12-04-94