Yield: 4 Servings
|6||Apples; peeled, cored|
|6 tablespoons||Lemon juice; freshly squeezed|
|½ pounds||Veal; ground|
|1 pinch||Black pepper|
|1||Rib celery; minced|
|2||Sprigs parsley; minced|
|1 tablespoon||Parmesan cheese; grated|
|¼ cup||Bread crumbs|
|½ cup||Walnuts; chopped|
|1||Egg; slightly beaten|
|1 cup||Veal stock|
|1 tablespoon||Apple Brandy|
|4 tablespoons||Butter; melted|
|6||Sprigs of parsley|
|2½ pounds||Veal knuckles; cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2||Leeks; washed, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2||Ribs celery; sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Rub the apples with lemon juice.
3. Place veal, salt, pepper, celery, parsley, cheese, raisins, sage, crumbs, walnuts, and egg in a large mixing bowl and combine.
4. Stuff core of apples with veal mixture and arrange in baking dish.
5. Combine Veal Stock, honey, apple brandy, and butter. Drizzle over apples.
6. Bake apples 20 minutes or until soft. Garnish with parsley, serve hot.
Pine nuts may be substituted for the walnuts. They are the kernel of pine cone and resemble almonds somewhat in taste. VEAL STOCK: Cover veal bones with water in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 2 hours. Skim any foam that may arise to the surface.
Strain stock through cheesecloth. Chill until needed.
NORTH WELLS, CHICAGO
WINE: CHIANTI CONTE CAPPONI 1977 From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .