Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Sifted bread flour|
|2||Generous tbsp. butter|
|3 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Mashed sweet potatoes,cold|
|Enough cold milk to make a soft dough|
This recipe is taken from The Gold Cook Book, 1947 1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift into mixing bowl.
2. Cut in butter, rubbing it in with fingertips.
3. Add sweet potatoes and then enough milk to make a soft dough (the amoount will vary from 2-4 tbsp. according to the moisture of potatoes)> 4. Turn dough on lightly floured board and knead 30 sec.
5. Pat lightly into a sheet ½ inch thick.
6. Cut with floured biscuit cutter about 2¼" in diameter.
7. Place biscuits on lightly oiled baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15-20 min. at 450 degrees.
These crusty biscuits should be served very hot, split and spread with butter. Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by broach@... on Mar 31, 1997