Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pounds||Fillo leaves|
|1||Sticks butter, melted (up TO 2)|
|1||Finely chopped onion|
|1 cup||Finely crumbled feta cheese|
|2 pounds||Fresh spinach|
|5||Beaten eggs (up to 6)|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
Wash spinach and discard stems. Dry as thoroughly as possible on paper towel and cut in small pieces. Saute onion in 4 tbsp of butter until soft.
Add spinach and saute a few minutes longer. Cool. Add eggs, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well. Follow instructions for triangles and bake in preheated oven 350 degree F. for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Melt 1-2 sticks of butter. Cut fill leaf to desired width and butter with a basting bruch. Spoon filling in center about 1 inch from bottom edge.
2. Fold lower edge and sides in about a half an inch. Now fold on a angle from lower right corner up.
3. Fold up on line parallel to the top edge.
4. Pick up lower left corner and fold on angle to right side. Fold up.
5. Continue this process until the triangle is formed. Cut off any excess.
Place on a buttered pan and butter the triangle.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V3 #347 From: valerie@... (valerie)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 12:23:38 -0400