Yield: 1 servings
|12 ounces||Rotini or rotelle pasta|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|4 tablespoons||(1/2 stick) butter or margarine|
|¼ cup||Grated parmesan or romano cheese|
|1||Clove garlic, halved|
|1 pounds||Medium size shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|3 tablespoons||Lemon juice Parsley and basil to season|
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water in a large saucepan following package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream, two (2) tablespoons of the butter and cheese in a small saucepan. Place over low heat to heat through.
3. Saute the garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium size skillet. Remove the garlic when it begins to brown.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until firm, pink and curled, for about 3-5 minutes. Quickly stir in the lemon juice and season with parsley and basil to desired taste.
5. Transfer to a warm serving bowl. Pour the hot cream sauce over the pasta tossing together until well blended. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the pasta and toss. Garnish with lemon wedges, fresh herbs, etc.
if desired. From the files of Al Rice, North Pole Alaska. Feb 1994