Yield: 8 Servings
|1||Pastry for single-crust pie|
|3||Slightly beaten eggs|
|½ cup||Dark corn syrup|
|¾ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1 cup||Chopped pecans|
|Whipped cream; (optional)|
|Ground cinnamon; (optional)|
1. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lighdy floured surface roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate, being careful not to stretch it. Trim pastry edge and crimp.
2. For filling, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and the ¾ teaspoon cinnamon; mix well.
3. Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell.
4. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or till knife inserted near center of pie comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with ground cinnamon, if desired.
Recipe by: Better Homes and Gardens - Jan 1997 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 459 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Jan 05, 1998